Rattan Furniture Care and Maintenance
It is so easy to keep your rattan garden furniture looking as stunning as the day you bought it! Simply follow our straightforward tips to preserve the natural beauty and durability of your rattan furniture piece for years to come.
1. To protect your rattan furniture and prevent major damage, give the surface a quick clean regularly. Mix a little dish washing detergent with warm water, and gently wipe the surface of the set without getting the weave soaking wet. You could also use a small scrubbing brush or toothbrush to get between the rattan weave.
2. Rattan garden furniture does keep well outside, but it could fade over time in direct sunlight. As a solution why not store your furniture indoors, to help it last for longer? Rattan garden furniture makes stunning conservatory furniture, and you can simply move it into your garden when the warm weather arrives. By placing your set indoors, you can enjoy it all year long, even through the winter months. Another solution is to buy a waterproof cover for your furniture set.
3. Make sure that you treat stains or marks immediately. As soon as you notice them, use a detergent and a cloth to remove any stains. For more serious damage, boiled linseed oil can help to put moisture back into the rattan material, to help fix cracked or split weave. For any other damage, ask a rattan expert for help with your problem.
4. A thorough clean once a year will take care of any dirt build up and help to keep your furniture set in great condition. As with your regular clean, meticulously wipe down your rattan furniture with detergent but use slightly more water than you use for the weekly clean. You could also use a small scrubbing brush or toothbrush to get between the rattan weave. Wipe down with a dry cloth as quickly as possible, or place your furniture in the sun for half an hour until it is dry.
5. Place rubber stoppers underneath the legs of the furniture. This helps to protect both your rattan set and the surface you have placed it on.
Rattan Garden Tag Cloud